Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reflection 4

     So I finished reading Learning and teaching for exponential growth and I couldn't help but noticed that one of the core themes in there was to love people and you will be a successful teacher.  And I think it's more then just a coincidence that one of the greatest commandments given to men was to "love thy neighbor as thy self."  God truly knows how to teach his children.  Jesus Christ taught only by and through love, and because of this he was able to teach thousands, and have thousands of followers.  So I believe that if us teachers would teach by and with love for our students, they will be successful.  I think this is because they are getting praise and attention from the teachers, which is a huge motivator. 
     Something that I also thought was interesting was the learn and then teach method.  It is so true that if you learn something then are able to teach it you now know it that much more.  And then if you have say your students teach it to other students in your class they will learn it so much more. This is something I think I want to try and implement into my own teaching style.  I really feel like if you know how to teach something then you have more of a grasp of what you have learned and then from there you can continue in further knowledge and continue to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment