Thursday, November 10, 2011

Reflection 10

Today we had a speaker come in and talk to our class about his different ways and forms of teaching and I loved it.  I can just tell by the way that he acts and by the way that he presented him self he really touches students lives, which is the whole reason why I want to be a teacher,
First he told us to document our classes through teaching.  And not only through written documentation but through actual photos.  And I really liked that because through out his presentation he showed pictures of things that they did in his class room and it just looked like fun and it made me excited as a student to become a teacher and teach these different technologies.
Secondly he gave a great idea to invite your administrators to join your class and get involved with the projects of the class. I think this is great because not only are you gaining a personal relationship with your administrators but the administrators are getting involved with the students.  And now the students won't only look at say the principle as a disciplinarian but they will look to him more as a fun leader.
Lastly he also talked about in the class room while we are teaching kids how to do something, don't skip steps.  Because a lot of kids have never done certain things that we have done our whole lives.  We can pick on me for example, I grew up in a small town in California where we didn't get any funding and my schools were very academic (math, science, english) thats it.  I had a technology class out of all four years in high school and it was just a learn how to type fast my freshmen year.  And it only lasted one semester.  So when I came into the TEE major I had no idea what flash, photo shop, illustrator, how to sawter something together, how to cut wood on a saw, any of that I had no idea how they worked. I new of some of them and that they existed but never saw them in person till this semester.  And that is why I feel so strongly that you need to show your students every little baby step because the students don't get it if you just throw them in there and say go do it, they are so over whelmed that they don't even know how to start.  So in my classes I am going to make sure every student feels comfortable and confident in what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment