Friday, November 18, 2011

Reflection 11

Yesterday I went with my group to go and teach at a sixth grade class.  We taught them the elements of design, more specifically layout, shape, color and texture.  It was a bit hard to find how to teach these because to me the elements of design are almost like a "no duh" topic.  I was in charge of teaching color, so at first I made a lesson plan on primary, secondary and complimentary colors.  But then I talked with Geoff and he told me that colors can play psychological role in our lives.  I had herd about this already but I just didn't connect the two and two.  So I also thought that maybe this "no duh" topic would actually be like the experience I just had, which is just to put the puzzle pieces together.
So I decided I would work on my specific lesson plan for color.  I looked up different colors and what the statistics were for each color.  And I found some interesting stuff that I hadn't heard about before.  Like football coaches will paint their opposing teams locker room pink because psychologically it makes people feel tired, making the opposing team tiered before the game.  So I gathered all of these statistics, printed out some colors and went to go teach.
And I thought it went really well.  I taught them about colors and how they effected people psychologically and how they could play with peoples psychology to make the best marketing ability to sell the most product you can.  And it was great! They understood that red was the most exciting and most appetizing color and when they made their final product they had red in their cereal box plan! I really had so much fun doing this.  It makes me excited to become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment