Friday, December 2, 2011

Reflection 12

As we come to a close this semester I have realized that even though I have learned a ton I have only scratched the surface to becoming a good if not great teacher.  There are so many different things to learn and understand about, from managing a classrooms behavior, to lesson plans, to knowing how to get resources from administrators.  But besides all that I realize one of the greatest things of being a teacher is just providing opportunities for their students to test and create something with their new knowledge.
 I know I have not been the greatest at teaching.  But I know a few more techniques then I did before.  Some techniques are telling students what to look for while watching a film or clip.  Another is don't pass out materials till until you have given all instructions and answered any question.  Also I found it very helpful to memorize names.  Not only does this make your student feel more valuable but it also helps out a lot when you are trying to manage your classroom.  Their are many others but these ones are some that have really stuck with me.
Even though the semester is ending I still plan on working and taking more classes on how to be the best teacher I can be.  I know it's not going to be easy but it will be worth it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment