Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reflection 6

I would like to reflect upon the things which I have learned so far about becoming a teacher.  First off I thought it would be a piece of cake to be a teacher.  You go into a class room, just tell your students what you know and then end the day y going home and spending time with your family.  Well I was clearly wrong.  Being a teacher takes a lot of effort and care towards those who we are teaching.  And I think what makes the best teachers are those that actually reach out to all their students.  When I was in high school and even in college I have had some teachers who pay attention mostly to only a few of their students, and others fall behind because those students feel like there is no point in trying to do good because the teacher doesn't care if I succeed or don't. 
As a teacher we need to be open to all students and at all the levels of learning they are at.  Teachers who only focus in on the overly smart students and only grade according to those students will have other students feel like there is no hope for them.  Something I also realize with this is the fact that some students take a lot longer time to learn certain things.  And I feel like as a teacher we do need to accommodate for those student to make sure they are learning to their best abilities and that we do our best to help them as much as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment