Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reflection 8

I went to go and visit Springville High to see how Braden Boss handled his class and to tell you the truth I was a bit disappointed when I walked in the room.  First off he was not doing much as a teacher.  We came walking in and he was passing out cameras or talking to us.  The only time he was with a student was if they had a question. Other than that he was talking to us which I appreciated, I learned more about the administrative level of teaching, but I kinda felt ripped off a bit because I did not see him actually teach.  I know he was having a student work day, but not a lot of students were working.  Most of them were just playing some game on the internet or talking to friends.  I know he had given that day as kind of a catch up day but he should have had his students who were caught up and gave them another assignment, and he did give them an extra credit assignment but no one was doing it.  So I think for me in this circumstance I would tell them its not extra credit and have it just be an assignment as well.  This way they don't get board. Because for me, I got incredibly board that I wanted join one of the students with there internet game of chess.
So what I learned is don't give a work day if all or mostly all students need it.  Because if you give a work day but five out if thirty are the done ones they will disturb the other twenty five and then those students still wouldn't get their assignments done.  Unless you can insure that every one  can do something don't have just a work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment